If you have been around North Point Church very long you know that the only constant is change. We try to remain flexible to move with what we need to do in any given situation. As with everything we do, our plan for reopening the church building is flexible and subject to change based on new information we gather almost on a daily basis.
Here are a few things to consider as we look to re-open the church building doors for our Weekend Services:
• There is no right or wrong for reopening, so we have to ask, "Based on the information we have, what is the wise thing to do?"
• Unity is key. More than anything, we are praying for our church to stay united in these increasingly polarized times. Remember, we want to build bridges and not walls!
• Some people will think we're opening too early, others will think we're opening too late. We ask that you to give us grace and understanding in our reopening plan.
• The reopen plan is contingent on Covid-19 cases dropping for two consecutive weeks in both Kenosha & Lake county. So this plan may change moving forward, but this gives us something to look forward to in the near future.
• We encourage our members to invite friends/family to their homes for watching services and hanging out together -- as you feel comfortable. You can watch on Sunday mornings at 9am on Facebook when there is interaction and engagement with the services OR watch on our YouTube channel.
• We will not have any in-person services during the month of July.
• On Sunday, August 16, we will reopen our Weekends Services with a Celebration service at 10am! We will have more information as the time approaches.
• On Sunday, August 23, We will continue meeting every Sunday morning at 9am in the church building. In addition, our Weekend Services will continue to be online through Facebook and YouTube as they currently are.
• We will not offer children's ministry, middle school, or high school programs during the Weekend Services, however there are many things planned for those age groups online for the entire moth of August.
• Children and students are welcome to join their parent(s) in the auditorium.
• Specific details on safety protocols and what to expect will be provided one week before the reopening.
• We will continue to encourage our members who do not attend in the church building to invite friends/family to their homes for watching services and hanging out together.
• We will continue offering in-person services on Sunday mornings.
• On Sunday, September 13th (the weekend after Labor Day), we will reopen in-person children and student ministry programs. This is assuming both the Kenosha & Zion-Benton Unified School Districts are open.
• Specific details on safety protocols and what to expect will be provided one week before the reopening of our children and student ministry programs (middle school & high school).
• We will continue to encourage our members who do not attend weekly in-person services to invite friends/family to their homes for watching services and hanging out together.
Look forward to seeing you all soon!
--North Point Church Staff & Leadership